Roubini Global Economics (RGE) offers challenging and unmatched career opportunities in areas of economic analysis, sales, editorial, development, marketing, and product management. Additionally, we also administer a strong internship program for students of Economics, Business, and International Affairs. We pride ourselves on offering all of our employees opportunities for personal and professional growth through a robust benefits plan, an atmosphere of intellectualism, and a strong sense of teamwork. We always endeavor to hire, develop and retain the very best people in business today. We invite you to explore an exciting and rewarding career at Roubini Global Economics.
We are grateful for your interest in working for RGE. Please be aware that due to the overwhelming number of applications received, we can only respond only to those applicants whom we wish to interview.
RGE is seeking candidates with strong academic credentials and several years of experience to fill a Senior Economist position focused on Western Europe. This position is based in London.
Senior Economists conduct independent macroeconomic research and write proprietary content on a wide range of topics, both as individual authors and as co-authors with RGE’s Chairman, Nouriel Roubini, and other members of the research team.
- Economic analysis of Western European countries, using a variety of techniques but with an emphasis on quantitative approach
- Translate macroeconomic analysis into policy implications, corroborated by insights gathered via a network of policy makers (including meetings with government officials)
- Apply macro analysis and policy implications into market implications for rates, equities, currencies. Interest in financial markets is very desirable
- Following and explaining political developments in Europe, supported with insights and predictions of policy and politics
- Ability to represent the company in front of existing and prospective clients, at speaking engagements and events, and to the media
- Following relevant economic literature and academic research useful for the job
- Deliver insight on all of the above through ad hoc written research, quarterly country outlooks and conversation with clients
- Strong analytical skills, including knowledge of quantitative economic and financial modeling and/or econometrics
- Strong qualitative analysis and understanding of significant themes “outside the model”
- Solid original and critical thinking; initiative to provide idea generation to her/his team and possibly other teams as well
- Ability to develop effective and durable direct relationships with a client
- Strong written communication skills
- Ability to situate countries/themes of focus in RGE’s global views and to bring on board global macro and strategy views
- Ability to present a global perspective to clients consistent with RGE views
- Ability to contribute to business development in conjunction with RGE’s sales team
A more experienced applicant may also be able to:
- Act as a resource both for direct reports but also for other members of the research team; and sales for key views and market implications
- Coordinate team meetings facilitating flow of ideas, communication and view within the team and across teams
- Provide professional mentorship to team members
- Possess a network of policy, academic, and market contacts
- Analyze across markets/countries/asset classes/historical precedents and translate this into output to feed decision making processes
- Have a track record of publications, financial markets trades or recommendations
To apply, please email a CV and brief cover letter to email@example.com with the subject "Senior Economist - Western Europe London." Applications lacking any of these requirements will not be considered.
RGE is seeking candidates with strong academic credentials and several years of experience to fill an Economist position focused on Emerging Asia.
Economists conduct independent macroeconomic research and write proprietary content on a wide range of topics, both as individual authors and as co-authors with RGE’s Chairman, Nouriel Roubini, and other members of the research team. This position is based in Singapore.
- Keeping up-to-date on all relevant economic and geostrategic events concerning India and parts of Southeast Asia
- Participating in weekly meetings and contributing ideas on important economic events and topics for South and Southeast Asia, as well as collocating these events consistently in the global picture
- Researching and writing thematic analysis on the regions, countries, and markets of coverage
- Participating in direct access services (client interaction, presentations, and customized work) as needed
- Masters in Economics (PhD a plus)
- 3-5 years of experience covering Indian and/or Southeast Asian macroeconomic dynamics/markets, as well as international economics and international finance
- Ability to elaborate views on economic and market dynamics (equities, fixed income, currencies)
- Strong knowledge of current economic and geostrategic debates relevant to economists, policy makers, and investment professionals
- Excellent writing and speaking skills for both academic and financial audiences
- Well-developed sense of teamwork and people management skills
- Ability to work under deadlines
To apply, email a cover letter, resume, and at least two writing samples (preferably covering a key economic issue in India and/or Southeast Asia) to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Economist – Emerging Asia Singapore.” Applications lacking any of these requirements will not be considered.
The Senior Director's main objectives are to improve the quality and client value of our entire research offering through the following practices:
- Utilizing market and macro expertise to help junior analysts add depth to their research
- Contributing to discussions on global themes and trends
- Helping to shape our global views and ensuring that these views are consistently reflected in our regional and country-level research
More specifically, this role involves:
- Working with individual economists and strategists to establish views by region and asset class
- Building frameworks that connect macro and markets which will have uptake by our analysts and clients (e.g. the indices we have built)
- Finding ways to connect the various pieces of our research offering
- Identifying key client questions and deploying appropriate company resources to solve problems
- Participating in periodic content audits, in which we internally evaluate our individual and company views in an environment of positive encouragement and constructive feedback
- 10 years of experience dealing with global markets and macro
- A deep understanding of market drivers and implications for macro outcomes
- Expertise with both EM and DM issues
- Ability to synthesize views across regions while recognizing differences between idiosyncratic and global factors/trends
- Strong mentoring skills and previous experience managing a team (the Senior Director should plan to spend a considerable amount of time being available in the office to offer guidance to our research team on specific technical questions, as well as overseeing the quality and direction of research)
- Experience with mentoring both direct and indirect reports a plus
- Extremely strong oral and written communication skills required
Qualified candidates should send a cover letter, resume, and writing samples to email@example.com with the subject “Senior Director - Research NY.” Applications lacking any of these requirements will not be considered.
In response to client demand and new product features, RGE is growing its sales organization. We are looking for strong sales professionals who are entrepreneurial, love selling, and have a track record of high performance. The ideal candidate will have experience selling to a wide range of financial institutions including asset management firms, investment and commercial banks, government institutions and insurance companies.
The Business Development Manager will be responsible for all elements of a sale from initial call to contract signing. This will include in-depth product demonstrations and coordinating with account managers and sales specialists. The role requires creative and strategic planning capabilities to develop prospects and upsell clients with a clear focus on client value, positioning and presentation of RGE services.
- Developing business across assigned territories at a high performance level that exceeds individual and company goals
- Developing a comprehensive territory plan to achieve revenue goals, new client acquisition targets, and MBO targets (this includes planning with the relevant Account Managers and specialists in the territory)
- Leveraging knowledge of financial marketplace and RGE research products to best serve clients during the sales process
- Partnering with Client Services team and other internal groups to provide the best customer experience for our clients
- Developing prospects from cold calling, the individual’s own network, and other approaches
- Providing feedback to research, product, and management departments on prospects and clients
- Managing reporting visibility from pipeline to territory plans
- Minimum 2-5 years of experience in financial services sales or exceptional sales success in other fields
- A proven ability to close
- Solid understanding of sales process and verifiable above-plan performance over multiple quarters
- General understanding of basic financial instruments and economics
- Strong consultative sales skills, relationship building, external and internal customer satisfaction management
- Dynamic and credible presentation skills
- Excellent listening, interpersonal communication, and coaching skills
- Ability to thrive in a challenging, collaborative, and fast-paced sales environment
- Self-discipline and self-motivation with good follow-up skills
- Ability to work effectively individually and as a member of a team
- 20% travel
To apply, email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject, “Business Development Manager NY.” Applications lacking any of these requirements may not be considered
RGE is looking for an Inside Sales Associate to join our talented and growing sales team.
The Inside Sales Associate will work closely with sales executives to generate new business opportunities, assist the Sales team with promoting Roubini.com to prospective and existing clients, and provide general administrative support.
We seek hardworking and entrepreneurial candidates who love selling. An understanding of the financial information market is preferred.
Assisting the Sales team with the introduction and demonstration of Roubini.com to prospective and existing clients
Qualifying incoming leads to generate sales opportunities under the guidance of senior team members
Navigating past company gatekeepers to C-level executive decision makers
Updating sales information in the CRM system
Meeting or exceeding all sales and performance goals on a consistent basis
Identifying and compiling contact details from individual research and online tools
Cold calling and email outreach to set appointment for senior team members
1-2 years sales experience (preferably in financial services)
Excellent telephone manner
Excellent communication skills – both verbal and written
Keen attention to detail
Ability to work well with others as well as individually
Self-motivated, competitive, and upbeat attitude with a drive to succeed
Bachelors degree preferred
Qualified candidates should send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the subject “Inside Sales Associate NY.” Applications lacking any of these requirements will not be considered.
*Please note - all RGE internships are unpaid opportunities unless otherwise indicated*
RGE is seeking strong candidates for a strategy internship focusing on credit and asset allocation. This is an unpaid internship in our NY office. Applicants must be able to commit for at least one semester.
Our dynamic staff of economists and strategists finds, analyzes, and summarizes a continuous stream of quality journal articles, working papers, op-ed commentary, academic publications, investment research, and news for RGE clients. The economists and strategists also carry out original research, provide consulting and research services for RGE clients, and write proprietary content on a wide range of topics, both as individual authors and as co-authors with colleagues including our Chairman, Dr. Nouriel Roubini. The credit strategy intern will assist with research and data analysis of credit markets.
- Developing and maintaining models relevant to credit and asset allocation
- Keeping up-to-date on credit markets and contributing to ad hoc research pieces on credit or asset allocation strategy
- Providing data support/maintaining databases
- Extensive course work in economics and finance
- Advanced Excel skills; VBA knowledge a plus
- Familiarity with Bloomberg or Eviews is a plus
- Strong knowledge of financial markets and an interest in investment strategy
- Strong problem solving and analytic skills
- Keen attention to detail
- Good academic standing
- Ability to start immediately and commit to the internship for the entire given period
Qualified candidates should email a cover letter, resume, and at least two writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject, “Strategy Intern - Credit and Asset Allocation NY.” Applications lacking any of these requirements may not be considered.
RGE is seeking strong candidates for a technical development position working with the team that assesses country risk on a global basis from a quantitative perspective. Ideal candidates will have a strong educational background in computer science as well as experience/interest in working in financial markets and/or macroeconomics. This is an unpaid internship in our NY office. Applicants must be able to commit for at least one semester.
This position will be primarily focused on:
- Custom internal and external (client-facing) projects - e.g. developing a program to systematically compare in-house forecasts to consensus forecasts and forward market prices
- Building new risk indicators based on sentiment data derived from real-time news feeds
- Working on internal and external custom development projects using various development skills and languages as needed
- Working with research team to derive insight from proprietary quantitative country risk model
- Developing additional features to help support existing web-based visualization of the model
- Developing processes to automatically collect and score key data series for use in the model, as well as bespoke implementations thereof
- Additional projects of interest to and proposed by the candidate that might enhance the model’s findings or the presentation of its existing findings
- Experience with and coursework in OOP languages: C++, Python, C#, etc.
Candidates with experience with one or more of the following are particularly encouraged to apply:
- STATA, R, SAS, MATLAB, or other statistical analysis software
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills (experience with VBA strongly preferred)
- Experience/coursework in macroeconomics, finance, or political science
To apply, please send a brief cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the subject “Technical Development Intern NY.” Applications lacking any of these requirements will not be considered.